Struggling with stress and feeling over-whelmed? Incorporate these 7 tips into your regular routine to get your body and mind back on track.
- Meditate. Learn and practice a meditation or relaxation technique on a daily basis. Breathe deeply. As a start, check out my guided So Hum meditation.
- Exercise. Integrate flexibility, strength building, and cardiovascular activities into your daily routine. Even if you can only fit in 15 minutes of walking, it is worth it.
- Eat well. Favor an anti-inflammatory whole foods diet including fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, and whole grains. Limit your intake of red meat, processed foods, and refined carbohydrates.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Try to maintain a similar bedtime and wakeup time each day. Get to bed no later than 10:30 pm. Awaken with the sun. Avoid electronic and excessive light stimulation at least 1 hour before bedtime.
- Don’t stress the body excessively or un-necessarily. If you are already feeling over-extended, its time to set boundaries for yourself to protect your energy. Let go of the things that are not necessary and do not bring you joy.
- Request support. Like the song “Lean on Me” says “We all need someone to lean on.” Ask for help or seek the company of others. Sometimes just knowing you are not alone in your stress can be comforting.
- Supplement as needed. During times of stress our bodies use more nutrients than normal, so additional supplementation with a multi-vitamin and multi-minerals may be helpful. Certain herbal remedies can also support the body during stress and mitigate the effects of stress.
For a more personalized plan to bring balance to your life and optimize your health, schedule a Wellness Consultation with me now.