Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 10 oz organic baby spinach
- 1 cup organic strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2-4 oz crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
Combine spinach and strawberries in a large bowl. Add in goat cheese if desired.
To toast almonds, place a small skillet over low heat. Lightly oil with coconut, avocado or olive oil. Add almond slices and stir often until desired level of toastedness, about three to five minutes. Cool before adding to the salad.
To make the salad dressing
Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Shake well until the dressing is well-combined. Very lightly dress the salad right before serving, reserving some on the side to add as needed.