Quinoa Cucumber Tomato Spinach Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large organic cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, pit removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (or 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Rinse quinoa and drain. In a saucepan add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook covered on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes then fluff and set aside to cool.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add in the olive oil while using the whisk and then add whisk in the lemon juice.
In a large bowl, add in the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Mix in the quinoa and top with avocado and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss or leave it on the side and dress to your satisfaction.